Simms Solarflex Crewneck LS Shirt
The Simms Solarflex LS Crewneck Shirt is a lightweight, breathable long sleeve shirt designed to protect the wearer from the adverse effects of the sun's rays with its UPF50 fabric rating. The Solarflex long sleeve shirt from Simms Fishing is designed for sun protection, yet remain cool and comfortable while out on the water. The Solarflex possesses a flat seam construction with the seems off the shoulder allowing full range of motion and comfort for the wearer. The Solarflex long sleeve shirt is designed with a crew neck that is higher in the back for complete coverage during movement. Additionally, the theme of comfort is continued with the interior flat, no scratch label that won't chafe the wearer. Simms
Clothing Company is the leader in the fishing apparel industry.
Simms' focus on providing functional, comfortable clothing for the
outdoor industry has positioned them atop the market. Their fishing
apparel has become a favorite of all anglers due to the aforementioned
comfort and function; with a full line of fishing specific apparel they
have the perfect product for even the most extreme weather
conditions.The Simms Solarflex Crewneck LS Shirt is one of those products every
outdoorsman should own. The undeniable dangers of direct contact with
the sun are at least partially preventable by covering up. Fishermen are
in a uniquely adverse situation because of direct rays and those
reflected off the water. Shielding yourself from the sun's rays isn't an
easy task when its extremely hot outside and less clothing makes more
sense, but with well designed, sun-specific clothing, Simms' products
have provided a solution. No longer do you have to worry about
reapplying greasy sunscreen that contains fish-adverse scents.
The Solarflex long sleeve shirt is an exceptionally light, soft, and comfortable sun protection shirt; offering an updated UPF 50 sun protection rating. Simms' COR3 technology offers excellent moisture wicking and anti-odor performance that is a necessity on those hot days. The no-scratch label, flat seams, and raglan sleeves (Sleeve is one piece from cuff to collar) are the details that make this shirt extremely comfortable and non-restrictive.
The Simms Solarflex LS Crewneck Shirt is offered in four sizes: M-XXL available in three colors: Chili, Grey and Iron.
Why Simms Sun Shirts
The evidence of how dangerous direct contact with the Sun's UV rays can be continues to pile up. Skin cancer is among the most preventable forms of cancer today, yet is among the most common. Protecting one's self from the harmful rays can see daunting at times due to the lack of information and the poor performance and hassle sunscreen application presents.
Simms Shirt vs. Sunscreen
Wearing a UPF shirt when its extremely hot outside may intuitively sound uncomfortable, but in reality it actually keeps you cooler. Direct contact with the sun warms the body throughout the day and as the body is exposed to direct UV rays the internal temperature actually increases. The shirt blocks the direct rays while also wicking sweat from the body to keep the wearer cool throughout the day of fishing.
- First and foremost sunscreen is ineffective because the wearer rarely remembers to put it on over the entire surface of the skin.
- Sunscreen needs to be reapplied several times throughout the day. The SPF rating of sunscreen refers to the maximum number of minutes the wearer can be exposed to the sun before the sunscreen needs to be reapplied, which rarely happens.
- Sunscreen makes hands oil and slippery which can lead to a mess when fishing.
- The scent of sunscreen is unnatural and may even act as a fishing repellent.
- Sweat and water contact reduce the SPF rating, two occurrences which are unavoidable when fishing in the heat.
- Sunscreen is often forgotten or lost and must be purchased on numerous occasions, the shirt will last through years of usage.
- Blocks UV rays consistently throughout the day.
- No need to reapply sunscreen.
- Eliminates sunburns which can be both painful and dangerous.
- Keeps wearer cool by wicking moisture and blocking direct rays.
- Numerous uses unlike sunscreen.