Savage Gear 3D Shine Glide
The Savage Gear 3D Shine Glide is a two-piece jointed glide style bait displaying the profile and appearance of baitfish that predatory species feed upon. Glide baits have become an increasingly popular style of swimbait among fishermen targeting a wide variety of gamefish including bass, stripers and the toothier critters like pike and musky. The rhythmic action of the side to side glide allows big fish to become comfortable with the easy meal before a sudden erratic motion triggers an instinctual reaction strike. Savage Gear set out to make a high quality glide bait that was suitable for anglers all over the country. Sure, the big baits of the west coast are awesome, but for many they are just unrealistic and often very tiresome to use. Designed from a 3D mold of a real life shiner, 3D Shine Glide mimics a broader spectrum of forage species that match the hatch of anglers fishing anywhere in the world.
Anglers can fish the Savage Gear 3D Shine Glide with any number of retrieval cadences and speeds. On a slow retrieve the bait glides from side to side in a methodical motion designed to present a very easy meal for nearby fish. The wide gliding action doesn't has the loud attention grabbing features of many lures instead it relies upon the subtlety of it's presence appealing to fish's lateral line senses that help them locate food. Often, when fishing glide baits, a quick pop of the rods tip or a few faster turns on the reel handle will be the key ingredient in turning followers into biters. Mix it up, find the right rhythm for the day and watch as you catch some of the biggest fish of your life. The best part about the Savage Gear 3D Shine Glide is that it's a big fish bait, but it's not so big in size that it limits smaller fish from biting as well. The two size options: 5.25" and 7.25" give anglers flexibility to fish a bait size they feel most comfortable with and the fish find most appealing.
The Savage Gear 3D Shine Glide is available in two sizes: 5.25" - 1oz and 7.25" - 2 1/3oz in many excellent colors.
Shine Glide Features
- Ultra realistic 3D scanning.
- Top quality paint finishes mimic most shad and shiner species.
- Deadly on largemouth, smallmouth, spotted and striped bass.
- Two fish catching sizes lets anglers quickly adapt to any bait situation.
- Every bait comes rigged with top quality hooks and rings.
- Unmatched swimming action.
Shine Glide Retrieves:
- Slow-Steady w/ Twitch: Retrieve the lure with a constant, slow pace allowing the lure to glide back and forth in order to gain the attention of nearby fish. Every once in a while add in a quick twitch of the rod's tip at the end of the handle turn and let pause for a moment before continuing. This will cause any followers to quickly decide if they wish to attack or not.
- Twitch, Twitch, Twitch: Retrieve the Shine Glider using twitches and turns of the reel's handle like you would a topwater walk the dog style bait. This can prove very effective for bass, stripers and musky that are often intrigued by a wounded or confused forage. Our in house big bait expert prefers this retrieve.