Avet Reels SX 5.3
The Avet Reels SX 5.3 is a single speed lever drag saltwater reel that includes industry leading features unlike any other reel on the market. The Avet SX Reels are extremely powerful reels featuring a true one piece frame - with components consisting of precision cut high grade 6061 T6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components. The precision used to cut the components ensures the lightest, most functional reel possible while still retaining the strength derived from the internal engineering. The theme of strength continues with the powerful lever frag system, machined stainless steel gears, the patented anti-reverse system and offset machined handle arm. The reel also displays a very smooth feel derived from the Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags that will remain smooth through many years of use.
The Avet SX Reel is a small profile reel when it comes to the standard lever drag category, but still offers incredible strength. The feedback on this reel label it an excellent option for line sizes between 12-25lbs. The reel is very smooth due to their six ball bearing construction and displays a completely silent retrieve. The ergonomic handle and small, compact size allow anglers to use this reel all day without strain. Feature for feature this reel is hard to beat and should be considered an exceptional value.
Avet SXJ Models
The SXJ reels are basically a narrow version of the SX reels designed for jigging applications. Offering the same drag specs and inches per turn line retrieve, the SXJ version is engineered with a 3/8" thinner reel frame which doesn't seem like a lot, but has proven quite noticeable when we've taken them out and fished them side by side. If you're an angler who likes to toss bucktail jigs or the Shimano Butterfly Jigs, you'll definitely like the narrower size of the SXJ models.
Avet SX M.C. Models
Avet's revolutionary M.C. Cast (Magic Cast) adjustable magnetic anti-backlash cast control system is available as an option on these SX 5.3 speed reels - You'll notice they are distinguished by the MC designation. The M.C. Cast control system incorporates Avet's Patented Adjustable Intensity Polar Amplification Technology to create the most efficient and easy to use cast control system for a conventional style reel. From the lightest bait to heavy lures, the M.C.Cast Control System is simple to use, even if you have never before cast a conventional style reel. Simply place your thumb on the spool to cast, swing, remove your thumb from the spool and let it fly! You will only need to thumb the spool when the lure hits the water.
We offer the Avet Reels SX 5.3 Lever Drag in the standard SX, SXJ, SX MC and SXJ MC models. The left hand model is only available online in the silver color, but other colors can be specially ordered.
Avet SX Reel Features:
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set
- Precision machined stainless steel gears
- Patented, indestructable, silent dog and anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry
- Reliable avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness, and wear resistance
- Up to 9lbs of drag at strike, 14lbs full, while maintaining full free spool
- 8 sealed stainless steel ball bearings
- Alarm clicker
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats
- Matching machined aluminum rod clamp
- Made in the U.S.A.